We are looking for a Graduate from civil engineering or timber technology to join our existing team based across our two Operating facilities, SMARTPLY OSB Facility in Waterford and MEDITE MDF Facility in Clonmel.
This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced and varied team of Engineers and Scientists, giving you the opportunity to grow and develop your own skills and expertise.
- Competitive Graduate Salary
- Support and facilitate continued learning and training.
- Gain experience in structural and material testing and market support.
- Join an experienced Technical Department which includes Structural, Quality, Chemistry, Materials Science, and Process Engineering.
We want you to feel part of MEDITE SMARTPLY as soon as you start and look forward to watching you develop and grow into a successful professional within your chosen career.
What our Graduate Programme can offer you:
- A fulltime role starting post graduation.
- Training and hands on practical experience working with experienced Scientists, Engineers and Technicians.
- Opportunities to put forward your ideas, develop yourself and your skills, to make an impact.
What you will do:
- Participate in the internal and external testing and product development of SMARTPLY OSB and MEDITE MDF panels.
- Participate in external laboratories collaborations.
- Assist in providing end user and customer the required product information and increase the internal company knowledge of the products.
- Assist the Technical Dept. in meeting customer needs through a solution-based evaluation & initiative model.
- Assist the Technical Dept. in product certification protocols.
- Support cross-functional teams across departments driving performance excellence and innovation.
- Communication and reporting of experimental protocols and reports.
Grad Programme Key Features:
- Product development framework
- Project Management
- MS Software training
- Time Management & planning
- Collaborative working
- Learning opportunities
- Team building
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite
- Basic documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Good understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to materials science or civil engineering.
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a Team, build stable working relationships across different functions.
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others.