To achieve profitable and sustainable growth through the development and management of our products and brands across all our markets.
This role is responsible for the creation and execution of the short and long term differentiating brand strategy, which supports our value-added approach.
Integration and collaboration with other senior sales and commercial roles will be necessary to create an efficient and integrated business.
- Maintain corporate and brand identities.
- Identify and evaluate target markets and develop effective strategies to communicate them.
- Prepare strategic marketing plans.
- Devise integrated communication plans to support brand activities.
- Create promotional programmes to underpin tactical initiatives.
- Build propositions and positioning strategies to differentiate our products from those of our competitors.
- Contribute positively to identification and implementation of ‘New Product’ introductions.
- Help drive technical competencies across sales team to support VA strategy.
- Manage the product throughout its life cycle ensuring optimisation at each stage by working closely with the sales team and key customer groups.
- Provide market and customer insight that will help inform the business how to develop its processes.
- Co-ordinate customer/internal correspondence.
- Manage key third party partners and agencies.
- Drive measurement through and return on investment analysis on all major communication initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the Sales and Marketing Management team within the UK and Europe.
- Sales performance
- VA sales
- Project pipelines
- Brand awareness
- Website output
- Customer insight
- Market Analysis and segmentation
People: 4 (3 Comms, 1 Product Mgt)
Focus: Strategic Input: 40%, Communications: 40%, Product Mgt: 20%
Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interaction with:
- Sales Directors
- Trading Manager
- Head of Innovation
- Customer Service
Typical knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- A business related degree or equivalent.
- Significant and demonstrable experience within a broad & complex commercial environment.
- Management experience, in a marketing role within a construction product related environment.
- Experience of working in the construction product industry in a senior sales capacity.
- Experience of working in a value-added brand-led environment.
- Experience of product management.
- Knowledge of CRM.
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills and proven ability to influence senior management.
- Adopts a structured and planned approach; manages by objectives, KPI’s and formal review.
- Highly numerate and articulate.
- Able to analyse/manipulate commercial data.
- Emotionally intelligent and controlled.
- Customer centric mind-set.
- Approachable & not status conscious.
- Self-starter. Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Adopts a collaborative approach.
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office suite.
Possible direct career path possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any jobholder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
1. Marketing Director
2. Group Communications
To apply, please send applications to: email@example.com
MEDITE SMARTPLY is a market leading manufacturer of sustainable timber construction panels. Our award winning brands MEDITE and SMARTPLY are renowned for delivering the highest quality products, customer-led innovation and industry leading customer service.
Learn More about MEDITE SMARTPLY