To achieve profitable sales growth through the development and management of specifications with national housebuilders (private and social) and ‘tier 1’ contractors in both domestic and commercial sectors.
Focused on timber frame construction, offsite and modular construction sectors the aim is to create sustainable and secure specifications throughout our supply chain.
This is a strategically important role and this individual will closely collaborate with our sales team, distributors, partners and other key internal/external stakeholders.
- Secure new specification/contract agreements with targeted customer groups.
- Manage the delivery and compliance to contracts throughout the business.
- Manage the price/rebate process across contracts.
- Responsible for the production and issuing of all contract agreements.
- Networking and sharing of leads across the sales team and distributors through the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Produce sales analysis and reports to support KPI (Key Performance Indicator) measurement.
- Provide technical guidance as necessary to the delivery of the contracts.
- Contribute positively to identification and implementation of New Product introductions.
- Conduct regular review of business/account performance with customer and provide internal updates.
- Provide accurate forecast intelligence to support demand planning.
- Report monthly on progress.
- Contribute to financial Forecasts and BOP processes.
- Contract values: M3, NSP & Margin
- End-to-end profitability analysis
- Number of specifications
- Actual sales performance
- Product Mix
- Rebate management process adherence
- Document control
- Compliance to specification instruction
- Forecasting accuracy
- Audit compliance to internal standards
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Market intelligence feedback
Customer Focus: National Housebuilder, Tier 1 Contractor, Offsite & Modular constructors (70%), Architects and Distributors (10%), Project Management and Administration (20%)
Travel: National travel with 4-8 overnight stays monthly
Typical knowledge, skills, experience & qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- A business-related degree or equivalent.
- Experience of working in the construction product industry with national housebuilders and ‘tier 1’ contractors.
- Proven record of successfully negotiating significant national contracts and specifications.
- Demonstrable experience of working with technically orientated products.
- Above average reasoning and perceptual skills
- Profit orientated. Key user of CRM
- Working with construction products connected to the building fabric/superstructure.
- Experienced or working through distribution channels.
- Integrative and collaborative approach.
- Quick paced.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a good listener.
- A decision maker.
- Generates enthusiasm.
- Self-starter with ability to work on your own initiative. Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office suite
Possible direct career path possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
1. Key Account Director
2. Sales Director
MEDITE SMARTPLY is a market leading manufacturer of sustainable timber construction panels. Our award winning brands MEDITE and SMARTPLY are renowned for delivering the highest quality products, customer-led innovation and industry leading customer service.
Learn More about MEDITE SMARTPLY