Reporting to: Head of Marketing
This role focuses on Product, Price and Place from the traditional marketing mix. It is important to the continuing development of our VA strategy. It will provide general product management, product positioning, life cycle optimisation as well as market insight and analysis. A key influencer in pricing policies and focussed on profit line profitability to maximise both revenue and margin across MEDITE MDF.
This role will also drive the escalation strategy around MEDITE TRICOYA EXTREME.
Understanding existing markets and identifying new ones is necessary and essential to drive product development and innovation. A close working relationship with both sales teams as well as R&D teams will form part of this role
- Help define product plans and positioning strategies ensuring market relevance and competitive advantage.
- Managing market analysis and product analytics.
- Work collaboratively with commercial analyst to develop plans to optimise product line profitability.
- Manage the product throughout its life cycle ensuring optimisation at each stage.
- Provide market insight to help predict future trends.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the regulatory and legislative arena understanding the implications and influences on our business.
- Develop commercial arguments and propositions to suit.
- Working collaboratively to support product design, new development and innovative concepts.
- Responsible for identifying technical approvals necessary to ensure access to market sectors and/or to augment commercial propositions.
- To be responsible for product/technical content to ensure output is technically accurate and delivers value to the user.
- To establish a network of contacts with related and associated manufacturers to create opportunity for future product development and innovation.
- Build and manage internal stakeholder network ensuring an effective working relationship with all product development staff.
- Support and collaborate with the wider sales and marketing community.
- Integrate with our Technical Team to design, create and execute internal and external training programmes to educate the sales team, other colleagues and customers.
- Profit targets and evolution
- VA sales development
- Pricing plans.
- Product sales mix
- Robust market data
- Product gap analysis
- Proposition development
- New market/sector development
- Roadmap and launch plans for NPD
Focus: Product management: 40%, Product marketing 10%, NPD: 15%, Legislation/Guidance: 15%, Insight 20%
Travel: Occasional travel to Ireland and our customers will be required
Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interaction with:
- Marketing colleagues
- Sales teams
- Trading Manager
- Innovation and R&D
Typical Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- Higher education at STEM level or equivalent
- Previous product management experience
- Experience working in the construction product industry
- Experience in developing value-added propositions
- A logical thinker
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to analyse/manipulate commercial data
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Demonstrable experience in customer facing environments
- Experience working in the construction product industry in a marketing communication role and product management environment
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office suite Good communication skills and proven teamwork skills across and with other departments.
- A second language.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
Possible Direct Career Path Possibilities
The following suggestions are subject to the business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants’ background, experience etc.
- Marketing Manager
- Account Manager
Closing date for the receipt of applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday 11th September, 2020.
MEDITE SMARTPLY is a market leading manufacturer of sustainable timber construction panels. Our award winning brands MEDITE and SMARTPLY are renowned for delivering the highest quality products, customer-led innovation and industry leading customer service.
Learn More about MEDITE SMARTPLY