To generate sales and manage the connected commercial activities within the defined territory. This will involve the effective execution of our short and mid-term strategies.
Specifically, the core focus is, but not limited to:
- Create and manage a commercial interface with distributors/merchants
- Identify and develop opportunities with specialised contractors
- Identify and develop opportunities with processors
- Secure specifications through architects, end-users and other specifiers.
Driving profitable growth, developing sustainable customer relationships, supporting the creation of innovative processes and differentiating our business, against our competitors, are distinctive pillars our strategies are built upon.
Creating demand for and ‘selling’ our value-added propositions are a fundamental requirement of this role.
- Adopt and encourage safe practices through all activities.
- Develop market demand through supply chain distributors/merchants and end-users.
- Create plans to support developments with our customers.
- Utilise our CRM support tools to ensure the accurate and timely logging and conversion of all leads, activities and project opportunities
- Contribute positively to the identification and implementation of new product introductions.
- Support the value-added strategy of the business.
- Actively contribute to and execute marketing communication programmes.
- Provide product training and product presentations to our customers and their clients. Provide technical information /assistance to distributors and their clients.
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance, promoting strategies and sales activity with key customers.
- Support commercial, technical, operational and finance colleagues where necessary.
- Meet & respond to customer requests in an efficient manner.
- Provide competitor activity information. Support other business initiatives as requested.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Sales performance
- Value-added sales
- Territory Planning
- Price management and aged debt.
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Market intelligence feedback
- Audit compliance to internal standards
- CRM usage and reporting
- Overall KPI performance
Customer Focus: Distributor / merchant 60%; Processor/OEM 20%; Specification 10%, Administration 10%
Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interaction with:
- Sales Manager Industry – Europe
- Sales Manager – Benelux
- Product Marketing
- Commercial Analyst
- Technical support teams at both mills
Typical knowledge, skills, experience & qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- Educated to higher educational level (Baccalaureate) or equivalent.
- Fluent writing and language skills in French and English.
- Experience of working in the timber product industry with distributors and merchants.
- Experience of working in a ‘value-added’ brand-led environment with technical aspects.
- Familiarity of working with ‘contractors’ and managing a ‘back-selling’ approach through distributors/merchants.
- Demonstrable experience in driving profit. Experienced in working with CRM systems.
- An excellent communicator.
- Adopts a ‘data led’ & structured approach.
- Strong numerical ability with excellent communication and reasoning skills.
- An effective negotiator.
- Excels at developing relationships.
- Robust planning and project management skills.
- Able to analyse/manipulate commercial data.
- Emotionally intelligent and controlled.
- A self-starting and highly motivated individual.
- Adopts a collaborative approach.
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Dynamics.
Possible direct career path possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
- Key Account Management
- International Sales Director
MEDITE SMARTPLY is a market leading manufacturer of sustainable timber construction panels. Our award winning brands MEDITE and SMARTPLY are renowned for delivering the highest quality products, customer-led innovation and industry leading customer service.
Learn More about MEDITE SMARTPLY