- Lead development of sustainability initiatives and workstreams across the business
- Develop a coherent implementation plan for our sustainability strategy and project manage its delivery
- Interpret EU, Irish and UK policy to understand the implications and opportunities of the Climate Action Bill and other sustainability Regulations for the MS business
- Assess national and international sustainability frameworks such as the UN sustainable development goals, UK Taxonomy, TCFD and international trends in the forest and wood sector on driving sustainability and how they can be adopted by MS.
- Lead the sustainability Green Team that links sustainability across all of the relevant areas of the business.
- Support and enable organization effectiveness as a key enabler of the development and execution of our sustainability ambition.
- Lead the development and roll out of sustainability training programs
- Interpret the different non-financial disclosures frameworks and assess potential
- Work with Group to establish formalised targets with Science-based Targets (SBTi) within agreed timelines to maintain our commitment
- Working with the business lead-team to develop the targets and milestones through engagement with relevant internal and external stakeholders
Governance and Reporting
- Develop a clear reporting framework in line with international best practice to measure and control delivery against the targets.
- Create a process to gather data and identify key gaps to be bridged on measuring Coillte’s/MS
- sustainability ambition
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including variance analysis and key metric reports.
- Align with Group sustainability governance framework
- Drive for Results: The drive to deliver goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Strategic Agility and Change Management: Support and enable organization change and effectiveness as a key enabler of the development and execution of our sustainability ambition.
- Managing Business Process / Execution Excellence: The capacity to reduce complexity and create/support a sustainability framework aligned to Group requirements
- External Focus: Knowledge and insight of market developments, of changing regulatory and the non-financial disclosure environment.
- Independent and Organised: Team oriented with the ability to work independently. Self- starter who is resourceful, organised and detail oriented.
- Networking and Collaboration: Proven ability to build networks and influence people and teams effectively.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies:
- Education and Experience: a third level qualification preferably in a business or related discipline.
- Project Management: Strong project management skills to plan and deliver the framework.
- Commercial and Financial Acumen: Commercial awareness and knowledge of the commercial operation of an organisation. Strong financial analysis skills.
- Communication: Excellent communication and inter-personal skills that engender trust.
- Other: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)