Reporting to: Commercial Business Manager
This role is to help analyse and co-ordinate order book, financial, margin and price and customer data. This is a supporting role to help determine policy or tactical changes that improve the business' functions, actions and profitability.
This role directly supports the SMT and acts as a facilitator between the commercial organisation and the financial and operational functions.
This is a proactive and responsive function that will support the senior sales and executive teams’ through-out the business.
- Utilise and develop financial information systems and process controls to support the business’ objectives.
- Prepare and produce dashboards to support calculation and reporting of MS KPIs. Provide ‘order book’ analysis to plan and forecasts.
- Provide input to the ‘demand planning’ process.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of sales performance, price, and margin gaps for MS Senior Management weekly, monthly & quarterly.
- Provide forecasts and outlooks as appropriate.
- Offer assistance on management or rebates and promotional plans.
- Prepare market insights bases on robust research sources.
- Support targeting and measurement of sales team bonus schedules.
- Support R&D, product mgt and plant finance on pricing and margin analysis.
- Update business reporting modules such as BI.
- Update and provide the business with sales pricing and volumes by product class & customer for financial outlooks, forecasts.
- Assist in the delivery of commercial inputs into BOP, and strategic / 5-year plans.
- Support data manipulation and interpretation from CRM systems.
- Support analysis for UK, EU & Ireland sales managers.
- Assist in supporting the business on specific project initiatives from time to time.
- Timely inputs to forecast and planning
- Accuracy of forecasts
- Price intelligence by customer / range / market
- Volume analysis by sector / market
- Margin analysis
- KPI dashboards
- Order book analysis
- Concise actionable analysis & recommendations
- Market map data
- Audit compliance to internal standards
This role has several important aspects to it. It is a wide ranging role where, nominally, ‘time’ is focussed on the following areas: General Commercial analysis: 25%; Market Insights: 25%. Bespoke analysis: 10%; Demand Planning: 15%, Financial planning/outlooks/forecast: 25%
Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interaction with:
- Supply Chain
- Product marketing
Typical Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- Higher education in STEM subjects or equivalent
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Able to analyse/manipulate commercial data.
- Demonstrable experience in driving profitable growth.
- Experience of business intelligence tools and models.
- Knowledge of CRM and ERP systems.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Robust understanding of supply chain processes.
- A business or STEM related degree or equivalent
- Accountancy qualifications or part
- Quantitative analysis qualifications
- Familiarity of dealing in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with forecasting models.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commercially orientated and strategic thinker.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Adopts a collaborative approach.
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office 365 including Dynamics and Power BI.
Possible Direct Career Path Possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
- Product Management
- Finance Management
- Account Management
Closing date for the receipt of applications is 5.00 p.m. on Friday 11th September, 2020.
MEDITE SMARTPLY is a market leading manufacturer of sustainable timber construction panels. Our award winning brands MEDITE and SMARTPLY are renowned for delivering the highest quality products, customer-led innovation and industry leading customer service.
Learn More about MEDITE SMARTPLY