This role is to analyse and manipulate financial, margin and price data to help support and determine policy or tactical changes that improve the business' functions and profitability.
This role acts as key business partner and liaison between the commercial organisation and the financial and operational functions.
This is a proactive and responsive function that will support the senior sales and executive teams throughout the business.
- Utilise and develop financial information systems and process controls to support the business’ objectives.
- Prepare and produce dashboards to support calculation and reporting of MS KPIs.
- Provide ‘order book’ analysis to plan and forecasts.
- Provide input to the ‘demand planning’ process.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting of sales performance, price, and margin gaps for MS Senior Management weekly, monthly & quarterly.
- Support targeting and measurement of sales team bonus schedules.
- Support R&D, product mgt and plant finance on pricing and margin analysis.
- Update and provide the business with sales pricing and volumes by product class & customer for financial outlooks, forecasts.
- Assist in the delivery of commercial inputs into BOP and strategic / 5 year plans.
- Report on compliance of pricing policies and trading agreement processes.
- Record and report on rebates, discounts, cashbacks and any special rebates / cashbacks.
- Develop and retain a central register of all Trading Agreements.
- Consolidate MS Sales Management information on Forecast, BOP and Strategic Projects/5 Year plans for S&M director for divisional Review.
- Support data manipulation and interpretation from CRM systems.
- Support analysis for UK, EU & Ireland sales managers.
- Assist in supporting the business on specific
- Timely inputs to forecast and planning
- Accuracy of forecasts
- Price intelligence by customer / range / market
- Volume analysis by sector / market
- Margin analysis
- KPI dashboards
- Order book analysis
- Concise actionable analysis & recommendations
- Audit compliance to internal standards
This role has several important aspects to it. It is a wide ranging role with where, nominally, ‘time’ is focused on the following areas:
General Commercial analysis: 35%; Margin Management: 15%; Order book management: 20%; Financial planning / outlooks/forecast: 25%; Project activity: 5%.
Context:Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interaction with:
- Supply Chain
- Product marketing
Typical knowledge, skills and experience and qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
- A business or STEM related degree or equivalent.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Able to analyse/manipulate commercial data.
- Demonstrable experience in driving profitable growth.
- Experience of business intelligence tools and models.
- Knowledge of CRM and ERP systems.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Robust understanding of supply chain processes.
- Quantitative analysis qualifications.
- Familiarity of dealing in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with forecasting models.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commercially orientated and strategic thinker.
- Self-starter. Ability to work on own initiative.
- Adopts a collaborative approach.
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office 365 including Dynamics and Power BI.
Possible direct career path possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
- Product Management
- Finance Management
- Account Management