- Lead the development and implementation of energy specific projects while maintaining safety, environmental and company standards and procedures.
- Review plant energy use, variance analysis and identify energy saving opportunities.
- Keep up to date with Energy policy nationally and internationally.
- Manage and report on specific projects
- Work with Energy management partners to deliver projects providing direct energy benefits and innovative funding options (grants/credit schemes)
- Support existing operations teams to help them develop their energy performance and knowledge base
- Responsibility for collating data and reports for energy efficient initiatives and energy procurement.
- Monthly reporting on energy performance and project progression
Key Performance Indicators
- Safety OSHA RIR < annual target
- Energy projects scoped, costed and approved, meeting best practice and maintaining the leading position of the business within the industry
- Energy related plant maintenance systems implemented and effective
- Deliverables as per MEDITE SMARTPLY energy & sustainability strategy
- Reduction in energy intensity of operations.
- Improvement in efficient use of resources
- Drive for Results: The drive to deliver goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance.
- Managing Business Process / Operation Excellence: The capacity to reduce complexity and create/support the delivery of energy targets
- External Focus: Knowledge and insight of technological and regulatory developments in the energy sector.
- Independent and Organised: Team oriented with the ability to work independently. Self- starter who is resourceful, organised and detail oriented.
- Networking and Collaboration: Proven ability to build networks and influence people and teams effectively.
Desired Technical/Professional Competencies:
- Education and Experience: a third level qualification in engineering discipline preferably Energy engineering or a related discipline.
- Project Management: Strong project management skills
- LEAN Manufacturing: Experience in the use of tools and techniques
- Manufacturing: Understanding of manufacturing environment and process led energy activities
- Other: Statistical analysis, Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)