Team leadership, Management & Culture
- Develop engineering and maintenance team competency and resourcing strategy.
- Proactively engage employees and maintain positive employee relations.
- Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and process excellence.
- Develop key cross functional relationships with Production, Quality, Environmental and Capital project departments.
Engineering Strategy Development & Execution
- Build relationships with OEM’s and other equipment vendors in order to develop asset replacement & upgrade pipeline.
- Develop future technology strategy and execution plan e.g., Role of AI and IoT, processing and use of big data, practical AR use, Cybersecurity and additive manufacturing.
- Develop and implement maintenance/engineering and capital spend plans.
- Develop and implement an asset management and equipment replacement plan in line with the long-term capital budget.
- Develop and implement progressive planned & predictive asset management systems including the CMMS.
- Support Product development & Strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage department budget & spend, prepare monthly reports.
- Keep up to date with new and relevant technologies to perform role to a high standard of competence.
Maintenance, Reliability, Performance & Problem Solving
- Work closely with the maintenance manager to provide leadership and coordination of major planned maintenance interventions.
- Lead root cause analysis and problem solving relating to plant downtime events.
- Develop corrective action plans to mitigate risk of unplanned downtime.
- Achieve all plant productivity metrics (throughput, efficiency, etc.)
- Provide resource and expertise in areas such as process optimisation, predictive/preventative maintenance, condition-based maintenance and energy efficiency.
- Compliance with relevant statutory, regulatory requirements and internal governance requirements.
- Ensure the Engineering and Maintenance teams adhere to all relevant health, safety, environmental and quality standards while delivering on key plant objectives.
- Work cross functionally to assist company in achieving its Sustainability goals.
- Establish and review engineering standards for the design, installation, modification and maintenance of machinery and equipment, ensuring they align with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Typical Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- BSc Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Process Engineering or other relevant Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in heavy industry or wood processing plant
- A proven track record of managing maintenance and engineering projects through to completion
- Competency regrading safety regulations for large scale manufacturing sites
- Knowledge of LEAN maintenance practices and CMMS
- Proven track record of team leadership, people management and IR experience
- Strong organization, communication & interpersonal skills
- A proven track record in planning & problem solving, self-motivated with ability to deliver to deadlines
- Computer Literate
- Ability to lead, empower and motivate employees to ensure KPI’s are achieved