To manage, maintain and grow our commercial activities in a defined territory. This will involve the effective execution of our short and mid-term strategies.
Specifically the core focus is, but not limited to:
- Create and manage a commercial interface with distributors/merchants
- Develop commercial opportunities with specialised contractors
- Key account management for industrial processors and OEMs.
- Secure specifications through architects, end-users and other specifiers.
Driving profitable growth, developing deep customer relationships, supporting the creation of innovative process and differentiating our business, against our competitors, are distinctive pillars our strategies are built upon.
Creating demand for and ‘selling’ our value-added propositions are a fundamental requirement of this role.
- Adopt and encourage safe practices through all activities.
- Implement strategic account plans, which support margin development and support the value-added strategy of the business.
- Secure specifications and to convert ‘leads to order’ ensuring that a value added solution sales approach is adopted at all times.
- Utilise our CRM support tools to ensure the accurate and timely logging and conversion of all leads, activities and project opportunities
- By means of a data led approach, proactively manage all customers and account-holders based within the territory.
- Contribute positively to the identification and implementation of new product introductions.
- Actively contribute to and execute marketing communication programmes.
- Build technical competencies to support delivery of training and CPD programmes.
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance, promoting strategies and sales activity with key customers.
- Ensure activities are aligned with the business objectives and strategies.
- Support commercial, technical, operational and finance colleagues where necessary.
- Sales performance
- VA sales
- Project pipelines and conversion
- KPI performance
- Territory Planning
- Price management and aged debt.
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Market intelligence feedback
- Audit compliance to internal standards
Customer Focus: Distributor/merchant 30%; Processor/OEM/End user 30%; Sub-contractors 30%; Specification 10%
Whilst the direct reporting line is clear, there will be significant interactions with:
- Business Trading Manager
- Key Account Manager
- Product Manager
- Innovation & Technical Manager
Typical knowledge, skills, experience & qualifications required to be proficient in the role:
Educated to A-level or equivalence.
Experience of working in the construction product industry with distributors and merchants.
Experience of working in a ‘value-added’ brand-led environment with technical aspects.
Familiarity of working with ‘contractors’ and managing a ‘back-selling’ approach through distributors/merchants.
Knowledge of dealing with OEMs, processors, off-site or similar.
Demonstrable experience in driving profit.
Experienced in working with CRM systems.
- An excellent communicator.
- Adopts a ‘data led’ & structured approach.
- Strong numerical with excellent communication and reasoning skills.
- An effective negotiator.
- Excels at developing relationships.
- Robust planning and project management skills.
- Able to analyse/manipulate commercial data
- Emotionally intelligent and controlled.
- A self-starting and highly motivated individual.
- Adopts a collaborative approach.
- Robust IT competency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Dynamics.
Possible direct career path possibilities:
The following suggestions are subject to business needs and individual experience, skills and career aspirations. The ‘entry’ proficiency level possible for any job holder going into a new role will depend on the applicants background, experience etc.
1. Regional Sales Manager
2. Key Account Manager