We are looking for an Accounting Graduate to join our existing Finance team based across our two Operating facilities, SMARTPLY OSB Facility in Waterford and MEDITE MDF Facility in Clonmel.
This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced team of Accountants and Finance personnel across two sites giving you the opportunity to grow and develop your own skills.
- 3 Year Graduate programme
- Competitive Graduate Salary
- Support and facilitate Professional Accounting Qualification with CIMA including study leave.
- Gain experience in practical application of accounting methods and standards in costing, reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
- Join an experienced Finance Department which includes Financial, Management, FP&A and Commercial
We want you to feel part of MEDITE SMARTPLY as soon as you start and look forward to watching you develop and grow into a successful professional within your chosen career.
What our Graduate Programme can offer you:
- A fulltime role starting post 2023 graduation.
- Training and hands on practical experience working with experienced accountants and finance personnel.
- Mentoring throughout the graduate programme with regular check-ins
- Opportunities to put forward your ideas or improvements to make a difference.
What you will do:
- Participate as part of the Finance team to deliver financial results for the plant.
- Input to Financial outlooks, Forecasts, Budgets and Strategic / 5 Year plans.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools as well as developing strategies to prevent the recurrence of the problem in future.
- Use data extraction, datamining, and analytical skills in identifying trends/outliers to provide information which will help drive decision making.
- Partner with our production team to record, monitor and deliver on optimisation of product cost.
- Drive continuous improvement on process and financial indicators to support our future customer demand.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives with the team which will improve the operational performance within the finance department and other stakeholders across the plant.
- Identify innovative solutions to problems and influence required stakeholders to drive/implement change.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as part of routine audits/inspections.
- HETAC Level 8 Degree or Higher in Business/Accounting discipline, or similar with relevant experience
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS Excel, MS Power BI, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Basic documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skill
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Good understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Finance/Accounting
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of processes and software tools used in assigned work
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group
- Ability to build stable working relationships internally
To apply please send CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with Accounting Graduate in the subject line.
By applying for this role you agree to our candidate data protection policy.