We are looking for a Timber Procurement Graduate to join our existing Procurement/ Fibre team based across our two Operating facilities, SMARTPLY OSB Facility in Waterford and MEDITE MDF Facility in Clonmel.
This is a great opportunity to work with an experienced team across two sites giving you the opportunity to grow and develop your own skills.
- 2 Year Graduate programme
- Competitive Graduate Salary
- Gain experience in practical application of forestry method, procuring pulp, biomass along with costing, reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Join an experienced Procurement Department which includes Fibre Costing and Supply Analyst, Procurement Analyst and Head of Procurement.
We want you to feel part of MEDITE SMARTPLY as soon as you start and look forward to watching you develop and grow into a successful professional within your chosen career.
What our Graduate Programme can offer you:
- A fulltime role
- Training and hands on practical experience working with experienced personnel
- Mentoring throughout the graduate programme with regular check-ins
- Opportunities to put forward your ideas or improvements to make a difference.
What you will do:
- Participate as part of the Fibre/Procurement team to deliver competitive supply agreement for all fibre related goods.
- Be part of the negotiation process.
- Engage in weekly meetings with key suppliers on supply updates.
- Occasional visit Coillte forests, with a view to new possible trials.
- Input to Supply outlooks, Forecasts, Budgets.
- Develop solutions to streamline data capturing, recording and reporting.
- Work with the quality department on capturing moisture related results to calculate biomass pricing.
- Partner with our production team to record, monitor and deliver on optimisation of product cost.
- Drive continuous improvement on process and procurement / fibre indicators to support our future supply demands.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives with the team which will improve the operational performance within the Fibre/Procurement department and other stakeholders across the plant.
- Identify innovative solutions to problems and influence required stakeholders to drive/implement change.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as part of routine audits/inspections.
Grad Programme Key Features:
- Induction programme
- Understand the Fibre Supply situation at both sites.
- Understand the techniques involved in negotiation.
- Understand the key elements of Forestry Procurement
- Fibre Planning & Analysis
- Presentation skills
- MS Software training
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time Management
- Planning skills
- Collaborative working
- HETAC Level 8 Degree or Higher in Forestry / Procurement discipline, or similar with relevant experience
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS Excel, MS Power BI, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Basic documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skill
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Good problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of processes and software tools used in assigned work
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including immediate supervisor and other team members in the section or group
- Ability to build stable working relationships internally
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment.